Tuesday, May 17, 2011

RAM lover! (GSkill Ripjaws X 8Gb DDR3 1333 desktop memory)

          Recently, I decided to seek for an upgrade on my desktop pc memory even though I know that my existing mems were capable enough to run all my applications stuff installed. Its just  Im quite intrigue how much performance would I gain if I will double up the numbers of memory installed( its an upgrade itch again,lol!). My previous installed was a GSkill Ripjaws 4Gb DDR3 1600 CL9 whereas this kind of memory is so fast because it runs at 1.6Ghz maximum speed but the downside was its only 4gb.That's when I decided to convinced myself that I still need more ram so I purchased this  8Gb GSkill Ripjaws X DDR3 1333 and check it out if I would feel the differences of 8gb against 4gb. BTW, according to some reviews the speed difference between DDR3 1333 and DDR3 1600 is quite not noticeable that's why I purchased DDR3 1333 only and to save also some money or I can say that I m short of molah (that's the main reason..hahaha).
          And that's it, I put it on this mems and do some test run benchmarking on 3dmark 11, 3dmark vantage, wprime and etc and also try to play today's latest games like Crysis 2 and Need for Speed Shift 2. I noticed that loading on games became so fast and it also added  fragments of fps on  some games . Now, I can burned dvds while playing games without lagging my system. I can say that 8gb of memory is a worthy upgrade not only because it adds performance but your system setup will became future proof as incoming games and applications  were becoming ram and speed hungry.



By the way kindly see details below for specifications: (from www.gskill.com)


Designed For 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
Main Board intel
System Desktop
System Type DDR3
M/B Chipset Intel Z68
Intel P67 / H67 / H61
CAS Latency 9-9-9-24-2N
Capacity 4GB (2GB x2)
Speed DDR3-1333 (PC3 10600 / 10666)
Test Voltage 1.5 Volts
PCB
Registered/Unbuffered Unbuffered
Error Checking Non-ECC
Type 240-pin DIMM
Warranty Lifetime
 
Qualified Motherboards List
 
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme
ASUS SABERTOOTH P67
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE
ASUS P8P67 EVO
ASUS P8P67 PRO
ASUS P8P67-M PRO
ASUS P8P67-M
ASUS P8P67 LE
ASUS P8P67
ASUS P8H67
ASUS P8H67-M PRO 
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3
MSI P67A-GD65
MSI P67A-GD55
MSI P67A-GD53
MSI H67MA-ED55
MSI H67MS-ES3
MSI H67MA-P35
ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional
ASRock P67 Extreme 6
ASRock P67 Extreme 4
ASRock H67M-GE
ASRock H61M/U3S3
Biostar TP67XE
Biostar H61MH
ECS P67H2-A
        Note: Based from its website, it was designed for Intel 2nd generation processor, but it doesn't mean that it cannot run on AMD systems because now Im running it on MSI 890FXA motherboard which is an AMD designed motherboard.

GSKILL rocks! ^_^


7 comments:

Trainer Y said...

oh eh hindi ako makarelate..
kaya

welcome back na lang.. LOL



www.lifes-a-twitch.com

AdroidEnteng said...

@ teh yanaH

ahehehe...kunwari lang yan..^_^

MiDniGHt DriVer said...

pre, ang lupit nito. angas! hehe

Ellen ♥ said...

WOOOOWWW!!!! G-Skill It is!! \m/ IKAW NA!! :D This is for the win! :)

ellenreviews.blogspot.com

Diamond R said...

wow. ang tindi naman niyan parang ang dali lang gawin. Pag sa ikabibilis nga naman ng mga ginagawa mo sa iyong PC worth a try.

Unknown said...

ung desktop ko nagtitiyaga sa 1gig ram at windows 7 ang os hahahaha. loser na desktop ko hehhe.welcome back!

bino
www.damuhan.com

Jag said...

Hongyomon mo pre! Un lng masasabi ko hehehe...

Followers

Popular Posts