Wednesday, July 27, 2011
AMD Latest FUSION Platform featuring MSI A75MA-G55 with AMD A8 3850 Vision
AMD got the first Llano-based desktop APU, the A8-3850 which can completed with an A75-chipset based motherboards. Matching an A-Series APU and A-Series chipset results a perfect Fusion which also called "Lynx" platform. Here, we conduct some test of MSI A75MA-G55 and AMD A3850 on how well it perform on today's applications and games.
MSI A75MA-G55 - one of the first A75 AMD Chipset that MSI has to offer. The board will support the new AMD A-Series CPU which has an integrated GPU with socket name called “FM1” (905-pins). A75 would be the high-end single chip solution capable of handling these 3 main features - Six SATA 6GB/s connections, four USB 3.0 and eSATA Port Multiplier (allows to connect more than one hard drive to a single SATA port).
The Box,accesories and motherboard itself:
Military Class II (Certificated)
OC Genie II (AMD)
HDMI v1.4 (AMD)
Live Update 5
AMD Dual Graphics
• AMD Liano APU in FM1 package
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• AMD® Hudson D3 Chipset
• Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 1066/1333/1600/1866*(OC) DRAM, 32GB Max
• 2 PCI Express gen2 x16 slots
- PCI_E1 supports up to PCIE x16 speed
- PCI_E2 supports up to PCIE x4 speed
• 1 PCIE x1 slot
• 1 PCI x1 slot
• 6 SATA 6Gb/s ports by AMD® Hudson D3
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 6Gb/s
Audio• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC887
- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing
- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
• Realtek PCI-E GbLAN controller RTL8111E
- Supports 10Mb/s, 100Mb/s and 1000Mb/s
- Compliance with PCI-Express Bus specification v1.0a
• 2 USB 3.0 rear ports by AMD® Hudson D3
• 1 USB 3.0 onboard pinheader by AMD® Hudson D3
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x ATX 24-pin power connector
- 1 x ATX 4-pin 12V CPU power connector
- CPU x 1 / System x 2 FAN connectors
- 1 x Front panel audio connector
- 1 x Front panel connector
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors
- 1 x USB 3.0 connector
- 6 x Serial ATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x Serial port connector
- 1 x Parallel port connector
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard or mouse
- 1 x Graphic Card port
- 1 x HDMI port
- 1 x DVI-D port
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- 1 x RJ45 LAN jack
- 1 x 6 in 1 audio jack
• 24.4cm(L) x 24.4cm(W) M-ATX Form Factor
• 8 mounting holes
Now lets take a look of AMD A8 3850 APU.
32nm / FM1 905-pin lidded μPGA, 40x40 mm, 1.27 mm pitch
65W and 100W configurations
“Stars” 32nm HKMG process core (up to 4 cores), 128 KB L1 Cache(64 KB Instruction, 64 KB Data) 1 MB L2/Core, 128-bit FPUs
Up to DDR3 1866
Up to 400 Radeon Cores, DirectX 11 capable, UVD3
Digital Display I/F DP0: Display Port, HDMI, DVI
Digital Display I/F DP1: Display Port, HDMI, DVI
AMD Dual Graphics
AMD Steady Video
AMD Perfect Picture
DisplayPort 1.1a, HDMI 1.4a
Multiple low-power states
32-nm process for decreased power consumption
PCIe core power gating
PCIe speed power policy
GPU power gating of Radeon Cores and video decode (UVD3)
AMD Turbo Core technology on select models
And now ready to conduct some series of testing:
Benchmark scores running at stock settings:
And lastly overclock run system:
3dMark 06 (overclock)
3dMark Vantage (overclock)
Well, I can say that AMD wins because as you see the numbers on benchmark scores are pretty high and maybe soon it can get more higher as A8 processors can push up the clock more as soon the motherboard will release new bios in the future.
Regards to my friend for helping me. You know who you are..:)
online advertising Hi guys, recently I upgraded my pc platfom from AMD Phenom II X4 to Intel i7 2600K. Although in...
online advertising W hy Sun Cellular Plan 600 and Plan 999 is The Good Choice in Postpaid? The answer is so simple, Sun C...
I've been reading different articles on how we can abort to exposed in mesothelioma cancer or also known as malignant mesotheliom...
This policy is valid from 04 September 2011 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash ...
Finally, a Southern Island family member "Tahiti" just recently arrived at my doorstep. It is the first video card in th...